If you are one of the 15 million Californians who rely on Medi-Cal for your health insurance, you may be at risk of losing your coverage soon.
A special rule that protected Medi-Cal enrollees from being dropped during the pandemic is ending, and you need to act fast to renew your eligibility.
In this article, you will learn what you need to do to keep your Medi-Cal coverage, and where to find help if you have questions or need other options.
- A pandemic-era provision that prevented Medi-Cal from dropping anyone with coverage is expiring soon.
- Medi-Cal enrollees need to renew their eligibility by filling out the paperwork that they will receive in the mail starting this month.
- Those who do not renew their eligibility, move out of state, or earn more than the income limit will lose their Medi-Cal coverage.
- Community clinics are worried that many low-income people will lose their health insurance, especially those who were hit hard by the pandemic.
- There are two websites that can help people with the renewal process: KeepMediCalCoverage.org and BenefitsCal.com.
- Those who no longer qualify for Medi-Cal can switch to Covered California, which offers subsidized health plans.
So if you do nothing, even if you should qualify, you will lose coverage?
“That’s absolutely right,” said Berenice Nunez Constant, AltaMed Health Services.
“And that is exactly why this is so important. We are trying to get the word out so that folks don’t lose that coverage. As you know, these low-income, Medi-Cal-eligible communities are also the ones that were the hardest hit during the pandemic.”
Are you worried about losing your Medi-Cal coverage?
You are not alone.
Millions of Californians are facing the same challenge as a special rule that protected them during the pandemic is ending. You need to act now to renew your eligibility and keep your health insurance.
Call Us Today!
If you need help with the renewal process, or if you want to explore other options, you can call Healthy Halo at 1-800-555-1234.
Healthy Halo is a trusted partner of Medi-Cal and Covered California, and we can help you find the best plan for your needs and budget.
Don’t wait until it’s too late.
Call Healthy Halo today and secure your healthcare future.